Concerned Joe Concerned Joe

A Bit of a Gripe

I know it's a balancing thing, but do you really have to move that slowly on ceilings/pushing blocks? Couldn't you make the meter run out faster while doing these tasks instead? It makes repeating the later puzzles more tedious than interesting. "Hm, I already know how to do this but I have to watch my blob Joe push this block excrutiatingly slowly across the screen."

While I'm on the subject, block pushing some puzzles made no sense to me at all. Like how pushing two blocks into one another makes the former go on top of the latter?

That said, there were lots of a-ha moments where I felt like I had completed some cleverly designed puzzles. And the concept lends to some pretty interesting puzzles. I was more interested in the ones where the meter forced you to move more quickly/adeptly through an area, rather than the ones where I was running back and forth while pushing a block across the screen.

Great concept, just nexf time more time-based puzzles and less grinding puzzles.

Hippolyta Hippolyta

Just a Quick Suggestion Regarding Obstacles

I really enjoyed this; great art and sound design, especially.

My one suggestion in the future would be to make the obstacles more clearly distinct from the background. I often found that I would be knocked over by a tree branch or log because I didn't realize they were in the foreground. Some way of making these items jump into forward (maybe by using more contrast or more clearly defined features). As I'm sure you're aware, warm colors tend to come into the foreground, while cooler colors drift into the background. The other option would be to add a more definitive outline to foreground objects, but this would ruin your aesthetic. This problem might be the reason some people think the game is too difficult.

I will say I love the way sound is used to clue the player in on an upcoming enemy. It creates a good feeling of anticipation. Also the Prince of Persia-style narration was perfect.

Evil-Dog responds:

thanks for the review, we're taking all the inputs, level selection, more distinct obstacles, armors that are not only visual, etc and we're gonna put all that in the next game :)

Mole's quest Mole's quest

Potential

Your character really needs to be able to move faster. Also in games like this, typically if you do die you restart on the screen you left off on, not all the way back at the beginning.

Seems like there is a lot of potential here, though.

Point&Click&Destroy Point&Click&Destroy

Why does it need color?

I don't think the game needs color; there are plenty of great games in black and white, people.

The thing that is missing to make this actually quality as a game is goals. Right now you have succeeded in making an interactive movie. The player clicks the correct sequence and then is rewarded with a short animation.

Next time think about WHY you are making the game, and what you want the player to get out of it. A little time spent thinking about the meaning behind the game before you make it will help.

But like you said, if this was for personal amusement, maybe we should not be considering it so seriously.

Trap Master Trap Master

Well Done

Great game all around.

I especially like the sound design.
Kudos.

When Pigs Fly When Pigs Fly

Needs Design Attention

The reason "hard games" are enjoyable is because the situations the player is put in are difficult. It shouldn't be a battle between the player and the controls. The player should be challenged by the obstacles, not by the keyboard. "When Pigs Fly"...they can't walk?

At least the art was good.

Hitstick 3 Hitstick 3

Ending?

I was sort of confused when I finished the second level because there's no indication that the mission was completed. If you are only going to have two levels in the game, that's fine, but at least put some kind of text pop-up to indicate that the game is over.

Maybe this is really just an unfinished game. But if that is the case, at least say so in your comment section. Or don't bother posting until you're done.

Foreign Creature Foreign Creature

Heart Beats Need to Go

Very fun point and click game with an interesting story.

Honestly, the only thing I didn't like was some of the sound choices. The heart beating during the cut scenes got really repetitive. Some music over this would have helped immensely. As it was, the sole heart beating over and over during a long cut scene got pretty annoying. Any more and I would have been screaming, "It's here! Under the floorboards!"

That's a small complaint to an otherwise stylish and intriguing (albeit short) game. Good work!

Gangster Bros. 1.1 Gangster Bros. 1.1

Why Can't You Shoot Up?

The fact that you can't shoot directly above you adds a significant amount of frustration to the game. Is there any particular reason you choose to do that? Because I would suggest fixing that.

Perspectite Perspectite

Can't Wait to See More

Finish up the rest and get it on here! Haha.
I like what you have so far. I don't know what you are intending to do with the final version, but I would definitely like to see more things going on in each level, like more puzzles and objects to interact with. Concept is sound though.
My only complaint is that when you touch the edge of the frame it returns you to the start of the level pretty abruptly. Something as simple as a sound effect to clue the player in that they messed up would be sufficient.
Can't wait to see some more.